Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Five Subjects for Frequent Recollection

Thannisaro Bhikku's translation from Access to Insight



Age, sickness, death, impermance, karma - these 5 subjects we should contemplate frequently.


I am of the nature to age, I have not gone beyond aging.
I am of the nature to sicken, I have not gone beyond sickness.
I am of the nature to die, I have not gone beyond dying.
All that is mine, beloved and pleasing, will become otherwise, will become separated from me.

I am the owner of my kamma, heir to my kamma, born of my kamma,
Related to my kamma, abide supported by my kamma.
Whatever kamma I shall do, for good or for ill -
Of that I will be the heir.

Thus we should frequently recollect.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile