Friday, May 22, 2015

The Prayer of Surrender by Thomas Merton




THE PRAYER OF SURRENDER, by Thomas Merton

My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going. 

I do not see the road ahead of me. 
I cannot know for certain where it will end. 
Nor do I really know myself 
and the fact that I think that I am following your will 
does not mean that I am actually doing so.


But I believe that desire to please you 
does in fact please you. 
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. 
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.


And I know if I do this, you will lead me through the right road 
though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore, I will trust you always 
though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. 
I will not fear, for you are ever with me, 
and you will never leave me to face peril alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile