Thursday, February 24, 2005

Prayer by Thomas Merton:

Dear God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think that I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You.
And I hope I have that desire in all I am doing.
I hope that I never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this You will lead me by the right road,
though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore, I will trust You always though I may seem to be lost in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for You are ever with me,
and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile