Ten Simple Spiritual Tools
Hawkins, pp 333-334."
1. Be kind to everything and everyone, including oneself, all the
time, with no exception.
2. Revere all of life in all of its expressions, no matter what, even
if one does not understand it.
3. Presume no actual reliable knowledge of anything at all. Ask God to
reveal its meaning.
4. Intend to see the hidden beauty of all that exists - it then reveals
5. Forgive everything that is witnessed and experienced, no matter
what. Remember Christ, Buddha, and Krishna all said that all error is due
to ignorance. Socrates said that all men can choose only what they
believe to be good.
6. Approach all of life with humility and be willing to surrender all
positionalities and mental/emotional arguments or gain.
7. Be willing to forgo all perceptions of gain, desire, or profit and
thereby be willing to be of selfless service to life in all of its
8. Make one's life a living prayer by intention, alignment, humility,
and surrender. True spiritual reality is actually a way of being in the
9. By verification, confirm the levels of consciousness and spiritual
truth of all teachers, teachings, spiritual groups, and literature with
which one intends to be aligned or a student.
10. Accept that by spiritual declaration, commitment, and surrender,
Knowingness arises that provides support, information, and all that is
needed for the entire journey.
Gloria in Excelsis Deo!